3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what you think

Ok so I just got my windows tinted 20% today and love it. Since I am a broke college kid I can only do one or so projects a summer. Two summers ago I put in a cai and flowmaster duals. Last summer I did a custom kicker sound system. This summer I want appearence. I did the tint and now I'm thinking halo headlights like these or keep my stock ones (maybe get all clear replacements) and have eyelids painted on. I'm kinda leaning towards the halos with the eyelids... let me know what you think. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

drop that *** down to make it level that would look cool too. I like those lights you could definitely rock those on your truck.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
drop that *** down to make it level that would look cool too. I like those lights you could definitely rock those on your truck.
totally agreed

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

yeah, i think a drop would be nice. but since you asked about the lights, they would look pretty killer. idk about the eyelids though, those look better on the newer headlights, like the 08's

but hey, it's YOUR truck. what really matters is your opinion, not ours man.

Last edited by Ethan_05_24; 05-27-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: for got to mention
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Thanks guys. I would love to drop this down seeing as its only 2wd and there for doesnt serve much of a purpose being lifted lol. I did put a leveling kit on it but that didnt seem to do too much. The problem I am having is, as well as being my daily driver and fun toy, it still gets used to haul anything from a ton and a half of mulch to pulling trailers and such so until I can afford another truck, this is an all purpuse vehicle and I just dont want to mess with the suspension. Again though, not to say I wouldnt love to do it lol. And I do agree the eyelids look better on the newer lights but why should the newer trucks get to have all the fun? lol. Other than lights any one have any other ideas?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nozmadd0x
Thanks guys. I would love to drop this down seeing as its only 2wd and there for doesnt serve much of a purpose being lifted lol. I did put a leveling kit on it but that didnt seem to do too much. The problem I am having is, as well as being my daily driver and fun toy, it still gets used to haul anything from a ton and a half of mulch to pulling trailers and such so until I can afford another truck, this is an all purpuse vehicle and I just dont want to mess with the suspension. Again though, not to say I wouldnt love to do it lol. And I do agree the eyelids look better on the newer lights but why should the newer trucks get to have all the fun? lol. Other than lights any one have any other ideas?
you can lower the rear and still haul..... just get a set of airbags, only cost around $200. and will keep you totally level while hauling

Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

maybe a debadge. I dunno litle mods are fun and do not break the bank so play with those maybe.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

I have heard about the airbags that help when hauling. May have to look into that. And the only fear I have with the debadging is Im afraid when I take them off the paint may be faded and it would be obvious, or if it leaves nasty residue on the paint I would regret doing it.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Also thinking about a wide mouth grill with Hellas behind it

Old 05-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

yeah, debadging gives a pretty good look, but if you dont get an eraser wheel it takes hours...trust me. i didnt use one and it sucked. also, maybe some chrome bed rails, or color match your grill shell/bumpers if you like that look. or maybe some maybe some new mirrors, for some reason i like the towing mirrors on single cabs.