3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Memorial Day: Not just for celebrating

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memorial Day: Not just for celebrating

Happy Memorial Day to you all. Hopefully the weather cooperates and you're able to enjoy the traditional bbq with friends. When doing so, take a moment to reflect on the reason we have memorial day.

Memorial Day is not a day of recognition for ALL servicemen/women, but rather those that have given their lives in defense. The first stanza of the Military Codes of Conduct states "I am an American, fighting in the forces which gaurd my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give me life in their defense".

So while you're celebrating the freedom of this great nation, take a moment and have a cold one, burn some rubber, hug a bro, or whatever it is you do, and reflect on the price that has been paid to have these freedoms.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
glass3222
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said AF Hemi.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Good post AF. Thank you for the reminder. My toolpusher right now is a Vet, and when we took the flag off the crown of the rig yesterday, he stopped us all and has a moment. At first it was weird and awkward, but it turned into a good convo.

Thanks again AF...

Old 05-31-2010, 10:44 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Yessir, we will remember. I have family that has served and are serving currently. I Thank God daily for these young men and women. God Bless the USA.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
black shadow
Veteran

very well said AF and lets not just think about it on the one day we are supposed to either.
I fly my flag everyday bad weather or good weather it stays flying.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well said.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
JCW355
Amateur

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Happy Memorial Day to you all. Hopefully the weather cooperates and you're able to enjoy the traditional bbq with friends. When doing so, take a moment to reflect on the reason we have memorial day.

Memorial Day is not a day of recognition for ALL servicemen/women, but rather those that have given their lives in defense. The first stanza of the Military Codes of Conduct states "I am an American, fighting in the forces which gaurd my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give me life in their defense".

So while you're celebrating the freedom of this great nation, take a moment and have a cold one, burn some rubber, hug a bro, or whatever it is you do, and reflect on the price that has been paid to have these freedoms.

This is a very touchy subject for me,thank you for posting that. It seems that those that died are not remembered as much as the living. Memorial day and Veterans are suppose to be two different days. I am thankful for those who serve there country and for those who have died in service of the country.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
4XLgatorfan
Veteran

Thanks for posting that AF Hemi. My family and I are very grateful for those who have lost their lives fighting for this great country so that others can live freely. We had a large family reunion Saturday and Sunday and remembered those men and women in prayer prior to each meal. Often times people forget what Memorial Day is all about but you summed it up perfectly....thanks.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day: Not just for celebrating