3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 ram cab fan issues HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
swollenpride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 ram cab fan issues HELP!

I recently noticed that the air flow seems restricted on both air and heat settings. and when i shift the air flow setting onto recirculation mode i dont hear the normal shifting of air flow, and im wondering if there is a fuse controlling the recirculation function or if anyone else has had this problem and had it resolved.

I talked to a dealership and of course they offered no insight other than i can bring it in for diagnoses accompanied by the $85 fee. Hoping i can avoid this with a little forum advice.

Thanks for your time!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the infamous blend door issue. The blend door controls which vents get air and where it comes from (inside or outside). The dealer wants to charge you $85 to tell you it'll be $400-$700 to fix.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
swollenpride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and im trying desperately to avoid that charge. I was going to try picking up a control board thinking the switch telling it to "blend" was bad. But because the air flow is restricted no matter what section i choose, im guessing your right and its probably something stupid like the blend door being stuck. 400-700 to take it all apart and lube the stupid hinge its probably on!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can take it apart and fix it all yourself as others have

Quick Reply: 2004 ram cab fan issues HELP!