3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

evap purge solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
jes2561
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evap purge solenoid

Trying to figure out an CEl p0443 which is evap purge solenoid circuit problem. I checked the solenoid under the hood and its working fine. I put the truck on a lift and found another solenoid near the gas tank and evap canistor and was wondering if that solenoid is the one throwing the engine check light?? Does anyone know if that could be the culprit? I cant even find the part listed. It looks almost like the one under the hood but its in the rear close to the gas tank and canistor. I am trying to figure out this evap code before inspection is due. Any help or advise will be appreciated. I really dont want to visit the stealership to figure it out because they will burn me money wise.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There is a schematic of the evap system in the FAQ section. Trace it, as in all likelihood its a bad hose clamp and/or a split, dry rotted hose end. VERY common...

Old 05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have read that the canister is brittle and is prone to cracking.

Quick Reply: evap purge solenoid