3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tint ticket....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
bamataco
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly dark tint on the front windows does impede your vision. its been proven by the National highway traffic safety administration. Esp on your windshield.

Thats the truth. My last truck was also my repo vehicle. I had the side and rear windows tinted fairly dark. Had to so that it was harder to pick me out in some ares where I was repoing. But I hated it and it was hard to see out of the truck especially at night. I sold the buisness but not the equipment and as soon as I wasn't repoing any longer that tint came right off of those windows.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
mikesa_tx
Professional

I was thinking about going dark on the front two windows to match around the truck but the guy told me that you probably would be pulled over and issued a ticket and also they would give you a hard time come inspection.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

I just tinted my windows 20% and the legal limit in Ohio is 50%. I just drive with my windows basically all the way down with the air on since I love fresh air, my subs are louder since there is more air to move, and the police do not have much to worry about because they can see right in. My ranger was tinted 5% and its also a regular cab and the first time I got hassled about it was 2 years ago (been tinted for like 8 or 9 years) and the cop tested the windows, said they were 15%, and gave me a warning. But then again maybe in Ohio they just don't mess with people too much.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 PM
VP64
Captain

so i have been wondering this for awhile. lets say i have really dark tints but i dont drive that vehicle much. but when i do i always have the windows down and never park it on public parking lots. only the drive way, such as friends, fam, etc. houses. would a cop still hassle me over it.

During one of my semesters in college i had a night class, when i was leaving the parking lot the cop pulled me over on campus as i was driving off. even though it was for loud music and uhm some other stuff, i had my windows down and he told me another reason i am pulling you over is because you have window tints. i was like omgwtf because it was the tint that came with my ram. but i didnt get booked

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 PM
okaymatt
Professional

Originally Posted by VP64
so i have been wondering this for awhile. lets say i have really dark tints but i dont drive that vehicle much. but when i do i always have the windows down and never park it on public parking lots. only the drive way, such as friends, fam, etc. houses. would a cop still hassle me over it.

During one of my semesters in college i had a night class, when i was leaving the parking lot the cop pulled me over on campus as i was driving off. even though it was for loud music and uhm some other stuff, i had my windows down and he told me another reason i am pulling you over is because you have window tints. i was like omgwtf because it was the tint that came with my ram. but i didnt get booked
No it is against the law for a cop to profile you. Thus if your truck is parked, even in a public place, they cannot just sit their and wait for you to come to your truck to give you a ticket.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Well to get out of that basically roll the windows all the way down before you leave the private property. And don't do illegal activities while in a vehicle lol, I mean I understand the loud music but other activities have their own special place and time lol. Besides, I would imagine (if we are talking about the same thing) you might participate in that activity BEFORE night class lol

Quick Reply: tint ticket....