3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake controller issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 AM
BigAlRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake controller issues

I am hoping someone can help me out, as I need to go get my camper that a friend is letting me store (our tahoe died). I need to put a brake controller on my 2002 1500 qc, but cannot for the life of me find the blue plug that's supposed to be on the truck. It does have the 7 wire plug in the back, and appears to be from the factory. I looked under the dash by the e brake, and couldn't find it. I did a search, and couldnt find any info. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't recall if it is blue or not...but you are in the general area by the e brake. it is up by the firewall though. There is no pigtail or anything, it is mounted to the sidewall, up near the firewall. I recently took mine out and am REAL close to putting it back in, infact it was on my list of things to do tomorrow...So I will try to get enough light in there, and get a Pic for ya to help out.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
79cadillac

Its tucked up there pretty good and the wires are wrapped in elec tape.
First pic i circled pretty much all you will be able to see until you untape it. PLug is about an inch and a half by 3/4"

Old 06-04-2010, 04:49 PM
BigAlRam

Thanks a bunch for the help, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I went to the dealer and they ran the vin and said my truck did not come with the "trailer tow" package, therefore there is no connector installed. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Quick Reply: Brake controller issues