3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Tow Mirrors....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Blackhawkdoc
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Tow Mirrors....

Hey was browsing ebay for my bday present to myself.....I came across the tow mirrors for $154...Power, Heated, & BAD@$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...item563ca0dd5d

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
tomalaina
Rookie

i just asked about these the other day

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post2150694

Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Several guys have the aftermarket Tow mirrors and seem to like them. They say the mirror is plastic instead of glass but I dont see why that makes a difference.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Blackhawkdoc
Rookie

Yeah i def think ill be picking up a set of these...Im trying to remember my ebay password...lol Sucks I gotta ship everything back to NC instead of HI where my truck is... But only a couple more months and im outta Iraq, outta Hawaii, & Back in good ol' North Carolina! WOOT MFkin WOOT! haha

Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
mbaseball3
Veteran

yes these mirrors are badass!!! they came with my mega cab purchase and I gotta say its the one upgrade I truly love. that and the power sliding window lol. only problem with these tow mirrors I've noticed is that the passenger side mirror shows objects extremely close! to The point where I have to re learn how to use it. dunno if its a flaw on mine or that's how they are. the whole 'objects may appear closer than they really are' is a true understatement with it.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbaseball3
yes these mirrors are badass!!! they came with my mega cab purchase and I gotta say its the one upgrade I truly love. that and the power sliding window lol. only problem with these tow mirrors I've noticed is that the passenger side mirror shows objects extremely close! to The point where I have to re learn how to use it. dunno if its a flaw on mine or that's how they are. the whole 'objects may appear closer than they really are' is a true understatement with it.
you have the opposite problem of objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Its that way with the OEM tow mirrors also. They arent like normal mirrors. Normal mirrors the Drivers side shows objects at normal depth, the passenger side shows them farther away (objects closer than they actually appear) which allows you to see more things. These tow mirrors use the same mirror on both sides, so everything is shown at the proper distance away. Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Honestly, even though the old mirrors were smaller, i think they were more effective unless you're towing.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 AM
mbaseball3
Veteran

so is that something I should have fixed? cause its actually really annoying and almost to the point of being undependable. I swear, when I take a peek over to prepare to merge, a vehicle thats far beyond my bumper appears to be the size of a semi on my ***!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:58 AM
The Moose
Amateur

Originally Posted by mbaseball3
so is that something I should have fixed? cause its actually really annoying and almost to the point of being undependable. I swear, when I take a peek over to prepare to merge, a vehicle thats far beyond my bumper appears to be the size of a semi on my ***!
You'll get used to it. You have to learn to use the little convex mirror too. That will tell you if anything is alongside in the blind spot, while the main part of the mirror will tell you the usual stuff. When I'm towing I use the flat part to see the trailer so I can keep my eyes on it's wheels, and I use the convex to check the lane for lane changes. Same on the driver's side.

A note about these feeBay "Kool Vue" mirrors: I bought a driver's side one after a ******** crossed the yellow line in the big snows in February and smashed my stock tow mirror and them claimed I crossed over. Since he was with some fly-by-night insurance company and I didn't get a police report (never make that mistake again; call the cops!), they refused my claim. So I bought one of these feeBay aftermarket mirrors instead of the factory one (they wanted over $400!). The quality is OK, but not factory quality. The main mirror is fine, the assembly fit fine, but the convex section does NOT cover the same area the factory one does. It seems the axis is off, too far outside IIRC. Still, for $130 I paid then I can't complain too much.

Last edited by The Moose; 06-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Tow Mirrors....