3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Super pissed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Unperfected
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super pissed!!

So I take my truck to get my cruise control fixed cause it wont work, and my altenator tested low at a shop.
So they then tell me my after market alarm (Viper Alarm) is the cause of my cruise control not working, so after they f-d around with it for a bit, they ended up messing up everything else, so now if my remote start is hooked up as soon as you open the door my truck dings as if the key or lights was on and as well as my key remote doesnt work, which is worked before I left the dealership...
So does anyone know what could be some causes of my cruise control not working? We did a wheel bearing and not to long after that we started having problems with it!!! The dealership swears it on the alarm, which is bull cause i've had the alarm in it since I've bought the truck.
So give me ur input!!
Thanks

Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a tuner? I know the older updates had cause some cruise control problems that are fixed in the newer updates.

The alarm should have nothing to do with the cruise control which is regulated off the speed sensor. In order to prove this, you would want to unplug the main harness of your alarm module and see if that allows the cruise control to work. If the cruise doesn't work when you unplug the main harness to the alarm module, then the problem is elswhere.

My alarm was just goin crazy yesterday due to a fault in the antenna not picking up the remote signal so I had to unplug the main harness to get home without my alarm doing crazy stuff like lock/.unlock the doors and horn going all crazy. You won't hurt a thing by unplugging it and driving I promise.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

where was the alarm installed at?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Check for a code... even if you dont have a CEL check... my cruise stopped working cause of an abs sensor that faulted because my brakes were either over heating or got to dirty. After a brake change everything worked fine again

Quick Reply: Super pissed!!