3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is this OT-2 worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:09 PM
badblackram06
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this OT-2 worth getting?

I just saw an ad at the top of the DF page about an Innovate Motorsports OT-2. Its 179.00 and comes with a wifi interface and you are able read guages, mpg's, dyno, and scan codes from a ipod touch, iphone, or laptop. Its probably been around forever but its the first that i've heard of it. I would like something like this because i like to know whats going on with my truck. But is it worth the $179? As in, is it accurate, quality, etc..

Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not for 179 its not. there are much better deals out there. I'll let some others chime in then i'll give some pretty detailed feedback. I have one by the way. As far as I know, the only one on DF that does

Old 06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
badblackram06
Veteran

ah i see, you might have to point me in a better direction then ha

Old 06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you might not find that much better of a deal on the ot-2 because its brand new. The OT-1 is the same thing though, and you'll find much better deals on them because they arent a new release. The only difference is the OT-2 has a wireless capability in it whereas you have plug in your laptop via cable with the OT-1.

As for the unit itself. It is hands down the best datalogger available for the money. It will log anything and everything your tuner needs to really nail a custom tune for you. Installation is EASY. It simply plugs into the OBDII port.

The issues some people have had is its compatibility with the PCM. It would make some guys' dash lights go crazy while it was plugged in. Im having an issue with mine currently causing a check engine light on and draining the battery. Pretty sure its just a short in the unit, and once they send the replacement i wont have any other problems with it.

Overall its a great unit for datalogging. Despite some of the issues people have had, its still a worthy investment if you need custom tuning done.

Keep in mind this is NOT an AFR sensor. If you want to monitor AFR, you'll need the LC-1 as well. They simply plug into each other using supplied 1.5mm cable.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah I had issues with my OT-1 and sold it.

If yuo just wanna see whats going on inside the truck engine and PCM then i would get a DSP u7137 and log on the tuner itself or plug it into a laptop and do it that way. Plus you will have it as a tuner to you can can tune or custom tune.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
badblackram06
Veteran

I dont have the hemi so the DSP wont work or at least until they release the update for the 4.7L. which i hope is pretty soon.

Last edited by badblackram06; 06-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im sorry to hear you have the 4.7............

J.K man.....!! LOL

Yeah that sucks about the DSP though. Maybe the Innovate will work for you then as everyone I know who has issues with it has a 5.7

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
badblackram06
Veteran

ha ha i know! Horrible move on my part but its all i could afford at the time. Maybe it will work out, there's only one way to find out. I appreciate all the info

Quick Reply: Is this OT-2 worth getting?