3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

100,000 km maintance, fluids on a 2500 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 100,000 km maintance, fluids on a 2500 Ram

Rolled over to 100,000 km today, the old Ram has been running excellantly since a bad bit of luck last december.

I'm now off warrenty and glad to be out of the greedy hands of dodge dealers. In the dodge mainatence book I'm due for spark plugs, front diff rear diff, transfer case and transmisson fluid changes, coolant change, and oil change.

I have used mobil syn 5 20 from day one and dodge fluids for the front, rear and transfer case at mainatnce interviles, for the 6speed man trans, dodge ATF fluid is used.

Any one have expierance with royal purplue, amsoil, ect in the drive line?

I'm considering going all royal purplue, or is it best to stick with dodge fluids in diffs, transmisson and transfer case?

I'm not interetsed in the cliams of extra h/p or mpg, just extending service intervilles.

I have no complaints running mobil syn oils, but find they don't offer drive train fluids.
Thanks for all your input.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:25 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have RP in my diff. used to have it in my trans, now back to valvolene. and used to run it in the motor, now using mobile 1 synthetic. its good stuff, but i dont see any difference between it and other fully synthetics. not enough to justify the hefty price tag it comes with. any fully synthetic should treat you well. just look for the best deals.

Quick Reply: 100,000 km maintance, fluids on a 2500 Ram