3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New MODS

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awood42000
It makes it blend in a lot better than the the black piece. How much is a delete?
Body shop said they would charge me $700 to paint eyelids and delete the antenna. He said it is a lot more work than it looks like because he would have to paint the whole quarter panel, probably part of the hood and the door too so the paint blends in and doesn't look obvious. A bit out of my price range. Might as well wait to do it when I decide to get a new paint job or shave the door handles and tailgate handle.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$700? Wowie. That is probably a decent price, but I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather spend $700 on. I am considering deleting the antenna on my truck and using one like my wife's Avenger has...I just need to make sure it will clear the garage door. The whip antenna tends to whip back and forth about 2 feet in the winter on my truck, and that is a little un-nerving.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I can think of A LOT more things I could spend $700 on, like a drop or some engine work... it goes on and on lol. Sounds to me like all you really need is to spend like $15 and buy a shorty antenna lol. But if you are like me and just need a good excuse to justify doing some things then just disregard my suggestion.

Quick Reply: New MODS