3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Drink driving.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drink driving.

Sorry but, I think this might get me into a lot of hot water?

HammerZ71........you just closed a post down for the correct reasons I might add, but then go on to say "It don't take much, Hoss! I'm guilty of it myself. Had a good 15 or 16 beers today at the golf course during a tournament. It was HOT (97*) and they were good! Was spread out over about 5 hours and I was perfectly alert. But if someone had even hit me with it being their fault, the fact I was over the limit, I'da been f*cked!"

I take that most definately to read that you were drink driving as well.

Wrong thing to do bud, in so many ways!

You can't have had the very unfortunate experience, to look an innocent familiy in the eyes and explain that their loved one has past over like a lot of us on this board have?
The haunted look in their eyes once seen, is never forgoten believe you me!

We emergency sevice workers also have to carry this with us for the rest of our lives. Not a nice thing to have to do, due to drinkers "enjoying" themselves. How very selfish!

I'm very dissapointed to say the least.

If this gets me band.......then so be it. But I personally just cannot let this kind of thing go unanswered.
I have a duty & responsibility to all the familys that I have personally helped in these situations, not to.
I must speak out, if only to stop one person from ever drink driving.

Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 06-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its easy to say that drinking and driving is wrong and is a sore subject for most people but I say all these drinking threads should stop. So lets change the subject. This is a truck forum to help solve problems not a blog for everyone to post there ideas and beliefs. So I say lets stick to the trucks.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:55 AM
abarmby
Champion

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
Its easy to say that drinking and driving is wrong and is a sore subject for most people but I say all these drinking threads should stop. So lets change the subject. This is a truck forum to help solve problems not a blog for everyone to post there ideas and beliefs. So I say lets stick to the trucks.
Fair enough, but I've said why I have to challenge a thread when it's been posted for all to read and I won't stop when I see it. I feel I owe a voice to speak up, for those who can't reply.
Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 06-07-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

im in 100% agreeance with you Al. If Al gets banned for this, ban me as well

Old 06-07-2010, 02:08 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from one emergency service member to another. well said brother.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

agreed! drinking and driving is dumb *** thing to do. Being a firefighter and having to deal with drunks at 2am who just hit and killed a family sucks. specially when the truck is just fine and doesnt give a damn what they did they just care about not going to jail. I have lost several friends to drunk drivers and i sure hope i dont lose any more. I dont care if your driving your truck, car, motorcycle, atv, golf cart --anything with wheels. dont do it if you have been drinking.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

Having friends who are fire fighters and hearing stories, I know you guys see the worst of the worst, so my hat's off to you guys. I know for sure i wouldn't be able to do it.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I'm sure i'll get my fair share of helping people..I start the police academy soon. I do not like when people drink and drive. If you come to my house and drink anything at all, you are staying here until morning.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did any mods say we were handing out bans? Why do you guys feel like you're going to get banned? Feel free to PM me about it.

As for the topic... please, just leave it alone...

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 06-07-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The point I was trying to make AL, is that sometimes it's easy to have a few too many, enough to fail a breathalyzer AND be impaired without realizing it. Especially on a hot day, when you are drinking to quench a thirst.
As a matter of fact, I would venture to say that of the 84 guys in that outing, at least 72 were over the legal limit when they left!

I was not condoning my actions at all, simply stating that even though I've seen first hand the results of how drinking and driving can effect so many lives and I'll even slip up once or twice a year.

Quick Reply: Drink driving.