3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OEM Parts to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
sjawor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Parts to Canada

Hello,
I am completely new to this forum so I apologize if I am asking a question that has been answered elsewhere. I did search for a while, but I suppose my search criteria was poor.

I am looking for suggestions or recommendations for online OEM parts retailers who ship to Canada. Perhaps there is even a Canadian based one out there to avoid the crazy shipping and brokerage fees.

I currently need a new wiper motor (55$ at the scrap yard, 225$ at the dealer). The next project is to install OEM cruise.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L

Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

hey man, im also a fellow canadian and now since i've discovered www.rockauto.com a site my brother has been going on about for years but never really ordered anything from lol i took a look and even with the shipping they beat all the prices i've got from garages/ part stores and especially the dealerships. i just recently ordered 16 spark plugs, a wire kit, and an EGR valve for around 200 canadian $$$ .. Check it out you will not find any better price

Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

btw just looked at the price for a wiper motor shipped to edmonton a.b is $76

Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

RockAuto, I have Used and are very good, but if you ask around you can get some parts for the same end cost and beleive it or not 40-50% of the time the Dealer has the best price, once they know you you can get the 20% off like the employees at least for me thats how it has worked out, never heard of those motors failing, I got 226 k and so far so good so either $55 Recycled or like Big Wheel says, go RockAuto.

BTW Welcome to DF, a wealth of experienced Ram owners here and a fair gang from AB and CA in General, got an 03 Join the Forgottens Club as 2003 Models are special!

Last edited by 03MopaRamman; 06-17-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:34 AM
sjawor

Thank you both for your help.
I did checkout RockAuto and they do have great prices. I noticed however, that most of their stuff is aftermarket. Is there a Canadian online OEM parts dealer (eg like MoparPartz.com or mopar.biz) in case I need or really want an OEM part for a particular project?

My truck only has 60k km. Its pretty much only used to pull a horse trailer in the summer.

The wiper motor did not actually die. Its the park switch inside the motor that has failed which means that wipers "park" pretty much midway of their sweep when they are off or on intermittent. Its really annoying to look at the wipers all the time when they are off. Other than the wipers work fine. We believe this happened because we had an episode of freezing rain and we didn't realize that the wipers were on when we started the truck and this must have fried the circuit.

Should I be concerned that 2003 Rams are considered "special". I hope this is good special rather than bad special cause I love my truck.

Thanks again

Old 06-18-2010, 07:22 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Should I be concerned that 2003 Rams are considered "special". I hope this is good special rather than bad special cause I love my truck.
No not really (I mean Good Spl), There are some things you can do that others can't (03 TMR delete) and other things we have been left out of (Superchips Trans Options). Join our Club as we chat about 03 specific stuff and general chat, AF is the presiding member. Its the 03 the forgotten club.

Last edited by 03MopaRamman; 06-18-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Hemi's Deer

For after market, i found yesterday autoanything.com with good prices and low fees. By the way, thank's for passing rockauto.com.
Nelson

Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EBAY ...KIJJI... Any dodge dealer in the U.S.A Mopars US. web site ( they don't ship into Canada) but worth the drive into Seattle.

AS for the tune up kit for the hemi for 200.00, I biught one off a Dodge dealer threw ebay for a 100.00 US. shipped to my door in Calgary, all taxs paid.

Odessa auto auctions sell wrecked, insurance write offs and lease returns, ( bought you have to be a dealer ) Stilll a good way to get a line on a used parts truck before they hit the wreckers, used car lots ...

Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Hemi's Deer

Till we're all canadians on this post wet, anyone can help me on where i can buy a superchip without pulling my next pay check to the goverment. Is there a place here in Canada that as good prices on that?
Thank's guy's

autoanything was the best i could find wet but was in US

Old 06-20-2010, 09:11 PM
FrostKing
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased factory parts from Adam at Eastside Chrysler in Calgary, Alberta. His prices are seriously 40-50% cheaper than any other dealer I've checked. I initially contacted him via Lxforums.com in the Alberta Chapter after reading many, many good reviews from other members. I'm not sure if he can ship across the country, but it may be worth asking.

Quick Reply: OEM Parts to Canada