3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

K&N Oil Filters

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
^^ uh, have you shopped around? lol

I get my WIX for $6 from O'Reillys (who has a rep for being expensive)

Are you using conventional quaker state? or synthetic?
its 6 and change canadian.. i could go for Motomaster which are the Canadiantire brand and i think on sale they're around 5 bucks..
Im using Conventional--dont believe in the synthetic engine oil just yet LOL.. i think its 5w30--Peak Performance! <----use it cause it sounds cool HAHA

Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never used them bc they are always much more expensive at PepBoys than my regular filter.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
buckskin

Originally Posted by Big_Wheel
its 6 and change canadian.. i could go for Motomaster which are the Canadiantire brand and i think on sale they're around 5 bucks..
Im using Conventional--dont believe in the synthetic engine oil just yet LOL.. i think its 5w30--Peak Performance! <----use it cause it sounds cool HAHA
Here is some belief for ya. I run Amsoil in everything I own. My sons xr80 drops the oil plug and loses all the oil while he is riding it. He dont know it and runs it hard until it dies. It doesnt sieze up. A new drain plug and a quart of 20-50 Amsoil motorcycle oil and it runs like a champ. How about 25k or one year oil changes. Sold me pretty quick.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

Originally Posted by buckskin
Here is some belief for ya. I run Amsoil in everything I own. My sons xr80 drops the oil plug and loses all the oil while he is riding it. He dont know it and runs it hard until it dies. It doesnt sieze up. A new drain plug and a quart of 20-50 Amsoil motorcycle oil and it runs like a champ. How about 25k or one year oil changes. Sold me pretty quick.

i'd like to see that in a yz450f..or even a 250 2 stroke..
just dont see the point if you change your oil every 5000kms.... synthetic is basically for ppl who cannot keep up with their oil changes. IMO

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

... (who has a rep for being expensive) ...
Man, are they ever!! I was shocked at their prices. $4.25/qt for Pennzoil conventional oil!? That's insane.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

You're absolutely right about synthetic not working and just being a waste of money. Hundreds of lab tests have not been able to prove its validity. Man never walked on the moon. The world is gonna end in 2012. Driving with the tailgate down on the highway saves fuel. Throttle body spacers are amazing. The ebay performance chips are legit.

^^^ none of those are any more true than the other.

Basically thats a long-winded way to say, get with the program man. When are you gonna take advantage of technology? There is NEVER a situation where synthetic isnt better. Prove me wrong.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

You're absolutely right about synthetic not working and just being a waste of money. Hundreds of lab tests have not been able to prove its validity. Man never walked on the moon. The world is gonna end in 2012. Driving with the tailgate down on the highway saves fuel. Throttle body spacers are amazing. The ebay performance chips are legit.

^^^ none of those are any more true than the other.

Basically thats a long-winded way to say, get with the program man. When are you gonna take advantage of technology? There is NEVER a situation where synthetic isnt better. Prove me wrong.
Dude.. all that stuff is true!!!!!! lol
Im just saying i dont believe in running synthetic in my engine when i already have 125-130 000kms on it now, especially when i do keep up with my oil changes every 5000kms or less. IT would be a waste of money for "me" to put synthetic in when i change my oil so oftern..
BTW i do use synthetic in my motorbikes because i only change it 2 times a year........ So i am with the program AF!!!! lol
maybe if i got the truck from day 1 and i wasnt so **** about changing my oil in the truck then yes i would have synthentic..

Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

I use K&N HP-2004 as they make removal real easy, and at 11-12 bucks Canadian for good quality I can use them for 4 months (10-12 K Kilometers a year lately) vice 3 so thats 36 bucks a year vs 9 bucks for a good wix (4 ea/YR). And besides I save up my "Canadian-Tire" Monopoly Style Money to put towards it. Paired up with 5w30 semi-synthetic Quakerstate High-RPM IMO I got a good combo goin for my set-up.

Quick Reply: K&N Oil Filters