3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip for 04-05 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip for 04-05 hemi

for what its worth I contacted Superchip about the new unit for 04-05 hemi.... this is what they responded with to me...
and I quote

"Due to the fact that Chrysler changes their computer systems 3-4 times since 2003, we have many hours of engineering Development in the Dodge NGC (new generation computers) just to talk to them. Not to mention that the tuning style is like no other with this computer systems. We are telling people that the computer system should be released in July. I have driven the 04-05trucks and they are leaps and bounds over the 03 trucks."

this is from Ron Rapp...from Superchips

So thats the update... let me know what you all think.......

GUIDO

Old 05-16-2005, 01:22 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Superchip for 04-05 hemi

So they are saying by "leaps and bounds" over the 03, that they are in no real rush to make the programmer. Interesting. Well, guess its on to performance cams then, haha.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
moparturd
Banned

I'm not sure what to think about the email. Are they saying their programmer for the 04-05 Hemi is going to be better than what it was for the 03? Or is it not worth having the programmer?

Old 05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Daytona Ram

I have a very close friend who is high up at Chrysler in Auburn Hills. I just bought a Daytona Ram and was interested in tricking it out. He contacted the head of MOPAR performance for me and asked what could be done to increase performance. The response was to add the long tube headers and "y" connector either with the cats or without (illegal) and to add the CAI Ram Air by MOPAR (backordered for 3 more weeks). He said the chip technology has progressed to the point that the Dodge folks have already tweaked their chips to the max safe possibility. Anything further could be dangerous to the Hemi and could damage the engine. I have added the headers and "y" tube and am waiting the CAI system. Should give me over 400 HP now. Chip tuner? Not for me based on what information I received from a very trusted and reliable source.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
WingViper
All Star

What tranny does the Daytona Ram have? I heard the 545RFE is only rated to 400 hp. Any truth to this?

Old 05-16-2005, 09:19 PM
guido7
Veteran

see... this is why I wrote to our Forum, for input.... I wondered what can be done witht the chip process on the 04-05's and before I did any purchase I wanted to see what the concensus of opinion was from others....

Daytona... what your friend says about the truck seems plausable to me, but what is the cost of theheaders and to install them, plus where do you get them???? also, Has ANYONE used a comptr, ( super or Hyper) on the hemi, and what are their results so far???
these are the operative questions for everyone, I would assume.....

Also, has anyone investigated the tranny (5-45RFE) in regards of its mods and allowaces??? Love to hear about that too....

I look at it this way, we ALL learn by asking questions, and educating one another....
Thank You ALL for what is said, and hopefully we can acertain more from this discussion... INPUT WELCOME.........

GUIDO Martini

Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Daytona Ram

I am picking up my beast in about 45 minutes. I will ask about the tranny limitations. I frankly don't know what tranny it has but I will by the time I return here. Headers, "Y" pipe, CAI all from MOPAR installed $1300 employee cost. Be back later ...

Old 05-17-2005, 12:24 AM
moparturd
Banned

To bad you didn't dyno it first. I've heard that the long tubes get you about 20 RWHP, and the CIA's get you a couple at best and these figures were from guys who were dynoing the trucks.[&o]

Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Daytona Ram

OK, told by performance guru at MOPAR that headers with high flow cats are worth 10% increase in HP, CAI 10-15 HP. True? Do I really care ... NO, sounds really great with standard Daytona Borla cat back system. Don't race it, like the sound, I am very happy with truck. Didn't dyno but for me, not an issue. This is my (finally) toy truck and it has all the goodies. It is also 4x4 but I don't do much off road, use 4 wheel in snow when needed (grew up in W PA so don't need much 4X4) but its there if I want. Told by service there are no issues with the 5 speed Dodge tranny but if there was a problem, since the goodies are factory MOPAR parts and dealer installed before delivery, it would be covered by the extended bumper to bumper warranty. Couple of pics without bed cover below.

Daytona Ram inside

Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Avanti
Captain

Daytona Ram: How long are the primaries on the factory headers? The pix of the V/10's pictured above here at the Forum are shorter than I'd have expected from my other experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Superchip for 04-05 hemi