3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05-prior guys with fogs on w/Highs please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 05-prior guys with fogs on w/Highs please chime in

Simple yes or no will do.

I'm working on a Fogs on w/highs for the 06+ guys. My question is this:
Do your fogs come on everytime your highbeams are on even when the fog switch is turned off?

Basically, I can get the fogs to stay on with the highbeams no prob., but it requires the fogs to come on everytime the highs are on regardless if the fogs are not actually turned on. So, if the fogs are turned off and you flick your highbeams...The fogs will come on with the highbeams.

I'm sure I can work on something that isolates the 2 seperately, but it's gonna require dual relays and a lot of work and I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. Eitherway, it's not gonna be hook a wire like the 05-prior guys due to the canbus integrated module in the 06+ trucks since everything is sent through IC chips. It'll be a little more involved, not much though

Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the one wire relay and now my fogs come one no matter if i just have the running lights on, the lows or the highs, whenver I flip the switch the fogs are always on.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I can't say for 100% certainty because when I wired my off-road light relay to my fog relay (so I didn't have to mount a separate switch for the off-road lights) I pulled the wire to the highs. The two wires made the relay not want to go down all the way in the socket and I didn't wanna force it. I have been planning on tapping the high relay into the new wire before the fog relay to remedy this, but it's one of those "back burner" things...

But to the best of my recollection, the fogs were NOT on unless the fog switch was on before...

Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how "a simple yes or no will do" got 2 paragraph replies lol

Old 06-20-2010, 05:11 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
I like how "a simple yes or no will do" got 2 paragraph replies lol
Well I had to explain why I couldn't just run outside and throw the switch and know... LOL...

Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

Yes. For the 06+ you can have the puter flashed to have them stay on via dealership or a bullydog programmer. Turn the foglight option off and turn it back on and set to export. It's legal in Canada ay

Old 06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
Yes. For the 06+ you can have the puter flashed to have them stay on via dealership or a bullydog programmer. Turn the foglight option off and turn it back on and set to export. It's legal in Canada ay
I already know you can have them enabled with highbeams using the Starscan tool from the dealer, but I am trying to create the Fog Mod for ~$5. Did you even read my thread fully?

I can easily keep the fogs on when the highbeams are on BUT then the fogs come on whenever the highs are turned on even when the fog switch is turned off. It's not an issue, but it's not correct and really shouldn't be used with halogen bulb guys only HID guys due to the less amperage drawn through the wires.

Thanks for the response Hammer, I figured your response would be fully winded with all the wiring you got going on.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 PM
gasguy
Professional

[quote=dirtydog;2173736]

I can easily keep the fogs on when the highbeams are on BUT then the fogs come on whenever the highs are turned on even when the fog switch is turned off.....

dog, will you share what you have or do you want to wait until it's figured out. I do a lot of back road driving @ night and could use the highbeam/fog combo. either way, i'm ready to see what you came up with.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dog if you use a diode in the line connected to the highbeams it will prevent the fogs coming on unless the fog switch is turned on. I made mine a stand alone system and use them as DTRL controlled only by a rocker switch.

Quick Reply: 05-prior guys with fogs on w/Highs please chime in