3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Paint and tire ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Trendy Rendy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint and tire ?'s

hey guys i got a couple of questions,

first, what grit sand paper you recommend for sanding the chrome bumpers and grille? i am wanting to paint that with a flat black, i sprayed it with that plasti-dip and i love the black it gave me, just now its peeling away from bumps and nicks and **** hittin it.
so would the process be sand primer and paint? and can this be a paint where i can get from home depot or do auto stores have a flat black for vehicles.

now that covered i need new tires since my back ones are smooth to the touch, literally no tread what so ever. my truck came with the 245/70/R17 and finding tires used of them size limits me to a few, how ever i did find some good ones but they are 265/70/R17. would those fit on a stock hieght and will there be problems. i am getting a level soon so would that help. i just need a set thats got good enough tread to last me through the summer and then some since ill be working full time and get enough cash for some terra graps.

thanks

Quick Reply: Paint and tire ?'s