3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flashpaq/Octane -- Need the experienced on this one

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I did a test on this, calculating the cost difference of the gas into the cost per mile driven and found that even paying 30 cents more for premium gas, the most cost effective tune is the performance tune with 93 octane. I don't remember the numbers or where I posted them, might have even been before I was a member here, but if a search doesn't yield them here, then it's on that other forum with the initials D and T...

Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 PM
bucd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to come across this thread. I've only got a couple fill ups with setting it to MXS and have not noticed any increase in MPG, only decrease in power.

If i'm at half tank right now, can i set it to 91 tune and fill up the rest with 93 ? or should i wait until it is almost empty before setting it to 91 tune on next fill up?

thanks,

-D

Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Nothin'_but_trucks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bucd
Good to come across this thread. I've only got a couple fill ups with setting it to MXS and have not noticed any increase in MPG, only decrease in power.

If i'm at half tank right now, can i set it to 91 tune and fill up the rest with 93 ? or should i wait until it is almost empty before setting it to 91 tune on next fill up?

thanks,

-D
If you've at least got 91 in her now then it is safe to make the switch in tune.

Quick Reply: Flashpaq/Octane -- Need the experienced on this one