3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

redline performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
sig
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redline performance chips

anybody heard of it?have one?ive seen them on ebay.
$30.00 for about 20-30 hp gains.it upposed to be the same as a jet chip.a resistor that tells the ecu it recieving colder air then its supposed to be(i think thats what they do).
i plan on buying a redline and a used jet chip...ill let you people know if its worth it.

redlineperformancechip.com

Old 05-17-2005, 02:44 PM
cjmrdc
Rookie
Default RE: redline performance chips

Give the search feature a try "ebay chip", this topic has been beaten to death, the 'gains' they give are completely negligible, and you're more likely to hurt your engine more than anything else.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: redline performance chips

Imho, the engine control functions, especially fuel ratio, are far too important to turn over to "no name" chips. Who knows what it does? Playing with one on a wheel dyno would answer a lot of questions, but then one wouldn't be saving any money over an established product.

Anyone who has ever tuned electronic engine-management systems knows how complex they are. Not worth the risk, as far as I'm concerned.

All the best.

Quick Reply: redline performance chips