3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 Ram Heater problems. Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
firemedix128
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Ram Heater problems. Please Help!!!

Ok guys, here is the deal. I have an 05 quadcab 1500 5.7 hemi. Over the winter my heater stuck on blowing only hot air. I have read all the post about the blend door issues. Yes I have gone through all the work to take the dash apart and check the doors thinking that was the problem. No luck, the doors are all OK. I checked the drive motor for the door with a 9v battery and the motor will turn both directions. So I figured it was the heater control unit in the dash so I replaced it. Once again not the problem. All in all the problem is the motor will not run and move the door. All other controls work just fine. Any ideas??? I am desperate!!! I have a $40,000 truck that has a shoe string tied to the door arm to keep the air working. Gotta a little redneck in me but dang this is rediculous!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your air vents only blow hot air, even with A/C turned on? Did you replace the motor that runs the doors?

My quick fix version would be to bypass the heater core in the summer.

Quick Reply: 05 Ram Heater problems. Please Help!!!