3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warped Rotors? Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Shorty75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
i would like to chime in on the fact that no not all drilled and slotted from ebay are junk ...i went out on a limb after a buddy told me that the brakemotive(seller) of powerstop rotors and clean ride ceramic pads are good .... well ive had mine on since dec and ill tell you i stop like a **** i live in tampa bay are and its all lights i had to bed them and i did it correctly as i had to in a parking lot....they work very well for what they cost and i would buy more...so dont always think cause they came from fleabay they are cheap.....

True! For the front ones I bought were Powerstop Pads and Rotors off ebay,
Brakeoverstock I think, $150. Can't beat that and i wait to give the feedback until I am sure of the purchase. For the rears I bought Duralast rotors and Ceramic pads for about $114 from Autozone.

Sure you can buy some rotors that are in a Brembo box or something, but I would be willing to bet that they all buy from the same place and put it in their box. You do have to be careful, and I have made a few misjudgments, but usually the price was WAY too low and I should have known. For the most part I no longer buy anything outside the US. Sure you will spend a little more, but you will get it quicker, have more opportunity for a refund if needed and most likely won't get lead poisoning!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty75
... I no longer buy anything outside the US. ...and most likely won't get lead poisoning!
As long as you didn't buy them from McDonald's and put the rotors or your fingers in your mouth, I think you'll be alright!

The rotors I bought from Ebay were brakemotive seller also. No problems yet.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto on brakemotive i;ve had mine on since April and they are going strong, all four are drilled and slotted with ceramic pads put almost 5k km on them

Quick Reply: Warped Rotors? Again!