3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
themcnabs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New truck

I am a long time Ford truck owner and have no complaints of any Ford I have owned. I am in need of a new truck and am considering a Dodge. I am confident I could buy another Ford and be completely satisfied. But.. I really like the look of the Dodge truck. I am thinking of a 2006 or so Ram 1500, has to be 4x4 and 4 doors. I will be putting a lift on it and 33" or 35" tires (Most likely 35").

I understand big tires equals lower gas mileage. I want to make sure I get the right engine for the truck. I am concerned the standard V8 might not have enough power for the tires and get bad gas mileage. The Hemi would have enough power and it will cut 4 cylinders when cursing. I live in a very rural community so I spend a lot of time at 55 or 65 MPH for long durations. The diesel would probably be ideal but the up front costs is too high for me. Am I right thinking the Hemi would be a better choice?

Any recommendations on a 4” or 5” lift?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
ram_bo06
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No recomendations on the lift But I can tell you that I am happy w/ my 06 QC HEMI. More than enough power. RAM over Furd any day of the week! Check out the forum lots of HEMI's on here w/ 33's and 35's. Plenty of pics to go around as well...

Quick Reply: New truck