3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'05 4.7 exploded!! Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Castarmax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got off work and started again. Finished up at 6:00p.m... Had NO extra bolts,nuts lol that was a first. I called in the Wifey while filling fluids and asked her to turn the key. It started IMMEDIATELY! Just like nothing ever happened. Scoped everything out while waiting for the thermostat to open found no leaks,noises or anything. Thermostat opened up I filled up the radiator and took it for a spin. WOW totally new truck. I was surprised. Lets hope it last.....

and jusjay727 I just might do that....

Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
berndog67
Rookie

wow my 4.7 did the same thing, course mine was at 101k when it decided to do the overheat and shutoff thing, then when i started it it sounded like a shotgun, i shot two rocker arms out from under the cams, and destroyed the passenger side head, it actually shot a piece of the cylinder head out the side of the valve cover, thats why you should never look under the hood when a 4.7 is hot, cuz i have heard the same thing many times, i never know that and my head was under the hood like 3 times that morning, i never did find that piece that flew out either! course i tried to rebuild mine twice and both times it sheared the pin on the camshafts, never did figure out what else was wrong, but now i have a 430+hp 5.7 hemi in its place so im good!! least you got yours fixed, hope it lasts you alot longer than mine did! good luck to ya!

Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

congrats if either you two berndog or castar has an extra core tb for a 04 or compatible let me know your price with shipping please....hope all goes well caster

Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 PM
berndog67
Rookie

Originally Posted by jusjay727
congrats if either you two berndog or castar has an extra core tb for a 04 or compatible let me know your price with shipping please....hope all goes well caster
i have an 02 4.7L v8 TB, it works very good, its clean and i can send all the hardware and other things u might need too, and if u want it ill send it for $50 including the shipping, i can send it quickly via usps, fedex or ups, its up to u, let me know thanks oh and if anyone else needs 4.7L or 5.7L hemi parts let me know, i have a garage full, literally!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is making me uneasy. I have not gotten my truck near the red paint on the temp gauge...but that doesn't mean it will last past 100k. It better in my book. I was going to suggest you hit up AIRRAM, as he has a parts loaning setup, but it looks like I missed the boat. Congrats on the restart!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:46 PM
ricofv

why do the 4.7 have overheating probs ? i have a 03 ' ..... i have shot a rear freeze plug out , split my radiator and i have 2-3 head bolt for my exhaust man , that have popped off.. i guess do to heat... now i have the nice tick of a exhaust leak .

Quick Reply: '05 4.7 exploded!! Questions.....