3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bought some new things

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought some new things

Today my Metro Vac N' Blo Car Vacuum will arrive and I'm excited now I can clean the truck good whenever I want without using the lame house vacuum.

And tomorrow my bull bar arrives, I went with a bull bar for the time being since the grill gaurd I want was a lot of money and Ive grown to like the bull bars. I have not seen any directions yet does anyone know how easy/ difficult they are to install? I probably have to remove my tow hooks and mount it there. Are the hooks just bolted behind the bumper and easy to remove?

Thanks guys

Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought the bull bars mounted below the bumper as guys had to cut their bottom plastic spoiler piece for the brackets.
Front bumper needs to come off to remove towhooks, but I don't think you need to. If so, I'll buy them from ya.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

it uses the same mount as the tow hooks---this is why i opted out of buying a bull bar...

Old 07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Actually! You Guys are both right. There are two types available (02-05 models for sure) with two mounting locations depending on what brand Type, most though mount where the Tow hooks go, but, others mount from below the Bumper and up to the frame with slight trimming of the plastic spoiler which allows retention of the Tow Hooks IMO. I have yet to buy one for my truck, because no one around here that sells them can tell me for sure where they mount to. I would like to get the one that mounts from underneath and I seen an 04 that had that set-up, an did note the brand name but have yet to find that note... LOL ..to many note Pads on the go! I do remember it was not a common Brand but a Higher end Name that I had heard of before?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM
04Phantom
Professional

My smittybuilt bolts to where the tow hooks go, but on my buddys 08 his westin mounting brackets go under the bumper...

Old 07-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional

I just mounted the bull bar and Im happy with it. It bolted right under the bumper and I had to just cut out two little pieces for the brackets to fit, also happy I get to keep my tow hooks in.

It was a Smittybilt and Ill probably get some pictures when I get around to it.

Quick Reply: Bought some new things