3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rough cold start with running rich?? help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 PM
tsnyder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough cold start with running rich?? help

can anyone help me on this in the last 2 weeks on a cold startup the truck revs higher with a rougher idle for about 30 seconds.The first time i started it up and put it in reverse right away and it almost stalled same thing the next day on cold startup after leaving the truck for say 12 hrs cold and i noticed its running really rich i can smell it on thse cold startups any help would be apreciated..

Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing you need to do-----cycle the key switch 3 times without starting the engine in quick succession, see if any dtc codes have been stored, or if you have one, plug in your code scanner, or----run down to autozone and get it scanned for free.

If any codes have been stored, write'em down and come back here.

Post up the codes---that makes narrowing it down much easier

Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 PM
tsnyder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope no codes it did it again today when i was getting ready for work i put it inot rev say about 10 sec after i started it i had to give it a shot of gas or it would have stalled?

Quick Reply: rough cold start with running rich?? help