3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone put on Billstein Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 04:40 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone put on Billstein Shocks?

Just curious if anyone has. I am new to the ram forum, but on all the other forums that I have been on, everyone claims that the Billsteins dramatically improve the ride since the stock shocks suck. What differeence did it make and how much did you pay for them. What the f#$@ was dodge thinking when they advertise red painted shocks on my off road package. Who are they kidding, I am nor some high school dropout that looks at them and says, cool ,there red, they must be good schocks. What a bunch of lame as@ marketing people at DC.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM
dntdodgeitramit
Default RE: Anyone put on Billstein Shocks?

i had them on for about 2 days, reason is that i got my hemi lifted and i could not deciced between fox shocks and billstein so i had them put both on for two days and i picked fox, the billstein is a good shock and it made my truck ride about 10,000 times better in the rear, when my truck was new i had a problem with it hopping down the freeway, very bouncy in the rear, but the billstein got rid of all of that, but then i put on the fox and it did a even better job, amazing on how good they are, i would pick fox any day, but you still cant go wrong with billstein, to answer your quetston, they will inprove you ride, and i belive i got them for around 175each

Old 05-24-2005, 09:42 AM
mill500
Veteran

Thanks for the info...I've got 20k on mine, and I'm used to factory shocks crapping out quickly, but this is as quick as I've ever seen. Over a series of bumps my back end (the truck's that is) gets twitchy (come to think of it, maybe mine too).

I hadn't heard of Fox before, usually just Bilstien, Edelbrock or Rancho's.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of the other forums I go to also plug Billstien shocks highly

Old 05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

I dont believe that Fox make shocks for a stock truck (non lifted). Anyone compare the Edelbrock to Billstein. I was eyeing the Billstein because as Drew made a note of, many other forums give them high ratings. I just havent talked to anyone one with them on a ram 1500.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Avanti
Captain

I've not had Bilsteins on a truck, but I've had them on several cars with complete satisfaction. They came as optional equipment on one of those cars.

Regarding DC and truck shocks... I had a Dakota a while back and by 12,000 miles the front shocks were totally crapped out. I was scheduled to take it to the dealer when my wife wrecked it. Wife was okay, truck totaled; so, I was rid of it. I'd have no qualms about putting Bilsteins on my new Ram (if it ever gets here), if I have the same experience. I can't see putting more of the same junk factory parts on that gave-up-the-ghost just because it's under warranty.

All the best.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:26 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Bilsteins are good shocks. They seem to handle everything just about right. My friend had some on a Z-71 and it rode great on and off road. I have heard of many problems with the Edelbrock IAS shocks leaking, but no first hand experience with the Edelbrock problems.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Mach Daddy

They came stock on my Power Wagon. So far, so good.

Quick Reply: Anyone put on Billstein Shocks?