3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

84mm ported T/B with zero taper.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I don't have to ask you but just to cover the basis, did you reset the PCM? As long as it's idling, even if it's a little rough, I'd drive it for a couple days to see if it clears itself up. Shouldn't hurt anything.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I pulled 2 fuses that were labeled PCM. #21 and #31 I believe? Wasn't sure which so i did both..lol I'm gonna go take it for a drive and see what happens. I have just been so busy the past few days. I figured this woulda been done by now.
ohh, I also calibrated the sensor. ACC and pressed the pedal down all the way if that's even how it's done on these fly-by-wires?

*edit* so I took a drive and before i got to the end of my long driveway, the engine light popped on. Lean code. Driving the truck..WOW, response was instant. Picked up and just took right off. So, since i have a SC tuner with no fuel adjustment, I'm gonna try the IAT resistor mod and see if that'll be sufficient to keep the engine light off and idle steady because even after the short 1mile burst, idle was choppy. Only talkin 25rpms choppy, but def noticeable. Almost sounds like i have a cam. Diablo guys would have no problems using and tuning this T/B.

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-21-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like it is working out good for you so far. Why not trade the SC for DSP?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:43 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

It's a no-go. I just put my stocker back on for now. I tries the IAT mod using a 6.6k resistor and then again using 13.2k doubled. Wasn't near enough but it did help a little.
It really needs a DSP tuner. I would rather go stock T/B and keep my SC than use the ported t/b and go with DSP. I like my shift schedule waaay more than a ported t/b. I think I'm just gonna sell it??? Sucks.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:56 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Sounds like it is working out good for you so far. Why not trade the SC for DSP?
bc sc > dsp

Old 07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
bc sc > dsp
Exactly, unless you have a fully modified motor that needs a dsp.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah well see, with an 04 i would know nothing about that. But hey, live and learn.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
It's a no-go. I just put my stocker back on for now. I tries the IAT mod using a 6.6k resistor and then again using 13.2k doubled. Wasn't near enough but it did help a little.
It really needs a DSP tuner. I would rather go stock T/B and keep my SC than use the ported t/b and go with DSP. I like my shift schedule waaay more than a ported t/b. I think I'm just gonna sell it??? Sucks.
Someone pitch in here, but isn't the resistor value 4.7k ohms?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Someone pitch in here, but isn't the resistor value 4.7k ohms?
That's a generic value that works for most vehicles and happens to work for the rams. Drops the readable temp from the pcm by like 20* I believe.

I stuck the IAT sensor in the freezer for 10minutes. read it with an IR gun and it read out at 24degrees. I measured the resistance at 17k ohms so i tried to get as close to that as possible so the pcm would dump as much fuel as possible. Again, it helped a tiny but, but not near enough.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Sucks that it didn't work. Might have better luck using it on an engine that has mods that would benefit from all that extra flow.

Quick Reply: 84mm ported T/B with zero taper.