3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
dodgeman8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help me!!!

So i have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 QC HEMI and its beyond me what i need to do to fix it. It started running bad a few months ago and it seemed like it was misfiring and bogging really bad. It also lacked most of its power. So i took it to the dealership and they said my spark plugs and plug wires are bad. So i had them replace. 30 seconds out of the dealership.... it died. So then i replaced an EGR valve and still no luck. I thoroughly cleaned the throttle body and that didn't do it either. When i finally got the truck to give me a CEL it said my cats were bad. $800 dollars later i have new cats and still the same problem..

Can you fry grounds/relays by going fast for a really long time? Because I made a trip to wazzu and averaged about 85 mph the whole way. Could this have messed up coil packs? or something in the computer?

Any help would be great! I love my HEMI but is sucks to see it sit in the driveway :/

Old 07-24-2010, 04:23 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Nope, 85 is kinda stupid, but shouldn't damage anything. With basically two overdrives and crappy stock gearing you prolly were just barely taching 2k.

But STOP taking it to the dealer, they are obviously clueless and $800 for two cats and welding them in is gauging IMO. Cats should run you under $100 each and labor maybe $200 topps!!!