3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Rear Sliding window question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM
BigHorn777
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Rear Sliding window question

Hey all, I searched for some info on this and have not found what I was looking for. I would like to make my rear sliding window a powered slider, just wondering if all the wiring is already their so that I could get the motor, cable, pulleys or gears that drive this thing from a scrap yard and slap it in. Of course I am sure it is way harder than this, so any help or leads or anyone that has done it and can send me some pics or a DIY would be awesome.
Thanks guys..

Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Matt99
Champion

I have not seen a DIY for this, but a guy was selling the whole thing on craigslist the other day for $100 or $200 somewhere...If its like 99% of the other stuff on a dodge, you already have the connectors and plugs, you will just need the actual setup (and switch)

Its not the same thing as you have middle window wise I dont think

Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty sure you'll need the entire power sliding glass assembly PLUS all the motoring parts. Basic slider isn't capable of a retro.
I seen and actually posted up link to an ebay seller 2 weeks ago. He was selling the whole power slider for $120 shipped. Motor wasn't included. Ohh, that mounts on the back wall and you would also need the switch panel that goes under the radio. I believe right now you have a skinny pocket there? As far as the wiring harness, you should already have that, so you'll need the motor and entire glass assembly.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Ok, hear me out...

I know on my F250, you have to buy the window, and the jewlery. The manual slider is completely different from the motor slider. But after that, everything is already wired. I would look around and see if anybody is parting out a ram with the power slider.

BTW, I love my power sliding window, it gets used more than my side windows...

Quick Reply: Power Rear Sliding window question