3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Problems Galore

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 AM
wizzerdo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm going to have to follow the wiring harness and look for any issues. I did re-seat them and no changes. As for the sensor on the rear diff, after I replaced it, the code went away. The issue is that the ABS module isnt even turning on. It's not sending any information. I hooked up a replacement and still no signal. I'm convinced it's not getting power. I think it's time to start learning how to use a mutlimeter.

I did change the rear diff, but that was 2 days before. It is possible...but unlikely that the pieces were still laying there 2 days later considering I cleaned up and moved a lot of things around. But it is possible. I wish I didn't lose those pieces. FML

I noticed a lot of corrosion on the trailer connector. Most of the contact point are bluish green. I'm going to have tot ake that apart and clean it. Do any of those wires have anything to do with the backup lights? This is the larger trailer plug. The one that plugs into the bumper bracket. There must be 10+ connections on it.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 AM
wizzerdo

I also had an interesting question. For all of you who have factory foglights, when you turn off your car do your parking lights and foglights turn on? Whenever I have my lightswitch on "off" my foglights are always on. When I turn my headlights on, the foglights will turn off, unless I pull out the switch. As soon as I turn off my headlights, the foglights go on and the foglight indicator illuminates as well. After I turn off my car, they turn on along witht he parking lights for a few minutes. Is this normal? Is there any way to disable the parking lights? Should I just pull the relay?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
wizzerdo

Well I solved one of my problems. Turns out my lighting problem was due to a malfunctioning light switch. I took it apart and noticed that two of the gold rings (contact points for the switch) melted slightly together. That caused the computer to think that I engage the foglights and/or parking lights whenever I turned my lightswitch into the "off" position. I'm still stuck on everything else.

Anyone have any idea on how to check to see if the cable to the ABS is supplying power? Which terminals should I check and how?

I noticed that my climate control does not light up at all. The radio and dash are fine, but none of the lights in the climate control illuminate. The A/C and defrost buttons do not work at all and the vent selection doesnt chance (stuck on winshield). Any thoughts on that?

Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Flying Mullet
Rookie

The vent doors are known to break leaving it stuck in one position. Do a search on here, I am pretty sure there are guys who have fixed them. There are also downloadable serivce manuals on here.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to see if plugs for climate control are plugged in will also affect the lights. one screw by the hook to the left of glove compartment remove and pull dash panel off. mine unplugged once after I installed radio and didn't plug in back in properly.

Quick Reply: Ram Problems Galore