3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
canadianbrute
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air amplifier

so we use these things at work http://www.process-controls.com/tech..._amplifier.htm. they take a little bit of air and move a whole lot of air. just had this idea that if you plumbed this baby into your intake tube it would act like a kind of on demand super charger. lots of guys have an air tank on their trucks anyway. also it has a very efficient design so that when you aren't rat bagging it it wouldn't impede your normal air flow. but you wire in a 12v solenoid opening up the air supply when your sitting next to someone you need to teach a lesson to..... i really think it would work. just wonder if the computer could keep up to the massive change.... i don't know give me your thoughts. pro's and con's.

Attached Thumbnails Air amplifier-tims-super-charger.jpg  

Last edited by canadianbrute; 08-06-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, an air eductor. We used to use those to desmoke a space after a fire (especially if there was an explosive atmosphere present, but I haven't seen one in ages). I think you would need an extra injector or a way for the fuel to catch up and you would need intake tubing capable of handling the vacuum on the suction side and the pressure on the discharge side. Try it and let us know.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is very interesting. Let me know what headway you make with it.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:05 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The first problem is the everday restricted flow of the "bottleneck" it creates. The second problem is that an engine can only take in so much air, adding more air doesn't help them at all. For instance, I installed a bored Throttlebody on my stock engine with a Superchips tune and it no-likey. Idle was not steady as it was just taking in more air than the tune called for.

i think that your situation would work with a flip switch tune, but these trucks don't have those, I've only seen Fords with those instant flip switch tunes that could utilize your idea. Also, they have MAF sensors unlike our trucks which would alter air/fuel ratios and adjust accordingly. Rams have no such thing. They are rather old school on that note.

Quick Reply: Air amplifier