3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

VIN# Lookup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM
mleeser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN# Lookup?

Is there any place online to look up Dodge VIN#'s to see what the factory installed options are? I'm looking to buy a used Ram or Dakota and I was hoping that I could use the VIN to look up things like tow package, rear axle ratio, LSD, etc. Does anyone have any links for me?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 05-24-2005, 06:40 PM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional
Default RE: VIN# Lookup?

I thought that I remeber seeing a code label on the glove box door like Chevy that has codes for the info that are after. Anyone know about that. I know how chevy's code system works but not dodge. In any case most of that information often somewhere on the vehicle. Some of it is even on the label on the inside of the drivers side door sill.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:08 PM
mleeser
Default RE: VIN# Lookup?

Thanks Hemi, I was hoping I could do it online without going to see the truck. Auto trader has the VIN listed with each listing so that would really cut down on the number of phone calls and visits I have to make.

I thought I had seen a site like this before, I may just be losing it though.

Quick Reply: VIN# Lookup?