3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires for a 2WD 1500 Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:09 PM
metfuel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for a 2WD 1500 Quad Cab

I am way over due for new tires on my Dodge Ram. I live in New York so yes we definitely have winter here, and being that I have a two wheel drive truck I need to have the best traction that I can get. The tire size that I need are 275/60 R20. I had two in mind for myself to buy which are the Cooper Discover H/T Plus, or the Mastercraft Courser HTR Plus. Not knowing if these will do well in the winter I figured that I would ask the opinion of people who probably know what they are talking about. I would like to get to the point of having two sets of tires. One for winter and one for the other seasons but since I have am dropping around $600 with the ones I priced out all I can do is buy one set for now. If there is a better tire I should be considering please let me know. When I bought the truck it had Goodyear tires on it and I got stuck in a flat parking lot in the snow so...

Old 08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm gonna go out of character here (because EVERYBODY knows I'm a Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek nut) and recommend the Firestone Destination A/T.

Reason being is I have a cousin who lives in the Hudson Valley (where I was born) who bought an '08 Hemi new off the lot when the 4th Gens started arriving. First snow storm in the winter of '08/09 he yanked them sorry a$$ Goodyears off and bought those Firestones and hasn't stopped raving that tire yet. Swears it's the best tire on snow and ice he's ever owned that wasn't studded.

Owner survey on Tire Rack gives them a solid 8.9 out of 10 in snow...

Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Grabber AT2's are very good tires.

Quick Reply: Tires for a 2WD 1500 Quad Cab