3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power windows and locks swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
pimpinphil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power windows and locks swap

hi,
i am going to look at a 2002 diesel 5 speed dually this weekend,and the only issue i can see at this point is,it doesnt have either of these options. i have tried a search and really couldnt find much,so i was wondering if it has been done,and how much work/mods i would have to do with converting factory power options into this truck, surely i can find factory parts in the j/y for a half decent price. and if i can get it all transferred over and working, what about the factory keyless entry, would the computer stuff already be in the truck,just need a remote,and program it??? thanks alot.
phil

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
brettj2408
Captain

no. it would take lots of work
you need a DFCM (Drivers front control module) and so on

Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 AM
extremis
Professional

I had a dealer add an aftermarket key less entry to my plain 04 1500. I looked up costs, and hardware new is a couple hundred, plus install which if you are handy could do yourself. Just tap in some power wires and such. Not sure bout the windows, but with time and effort it could probably be done as well. Lots of wiring if you want full control of all windows from the drivers seat... but if you only wire power to each door and a switch in each door for control it wouldn't be much worse that running a stereo system.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
tlawre87
Veteran

you may ask over in the 2nd gen. They may be able to answer it, the 02s were still the old body style, ie 2nd gen.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
roamrocker

I would think the trucks are wired the same. Mine is a bare bones option and if i look under the drivers seat the plugs are there to plug in a power seat. I have not had a door panel off yet to see if i have the wiring in for power windows and locks.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
pimpinphil

yea i was thinking it would be wired, i would hope that i could simply bolt in the power window regulator assembly/and locks if nothing else i know they make a universal wiring kit for the windows,biggest thing is simply bolting the regulator in.i have wired many stereo system's,and am fairly mechanically incline. so if nothing else maybe ill try it and do a write up about,if i actually buy the truck to start with. hopefully going to see it thurs.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM
roamrocker

Maybe someone else on here with manual windows has had a door panel off and can check it out.

Quick Reply: power windows and locks swap