3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ported and polished tb....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my butterfly is not tapered or better known as knife edged, the barrel is smothed and rounded and ported straight thru and how it was done i dont really know other than machined, or precisely done by hand cause its pretty perfect....

Old 08-17-2010, 07:46 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jusjay727
my butterfly is not tapered or better known as knife edged, the barrel is smothed and rounded and ported straight thru and how it was done i dont really know other than machined, or precisely done by hand cause its pretty perfect....
Just in case anyone is interested in modifying a 4.7 TB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=tab%3DSelling

Old 08-17-2010, 10:27 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

very nice bwdakrt, does my P&P TB look familiar its one of yours. you did a very good job on it i remember trying to get one from you but you had stopped making them cause of your hands well i got one off another member hear that couldn't get his truck to learn the new air flow....whats the best way to reset pcm....i used the pos batt cable off for 20-30 mins trick....

Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

very nice bwdakrt, does my P&P TB look familiar its one of yours. you did a very good job on it i remember trying to get one from you but you had stopped making them cause of your hands well i got one off another member hear that couldn't get his truck to learn the new air flow....whats the best way to reset pcm....i used the pos batt cable off for 20-30 mins trick....
Looks very familiar! You're correct that I had to give it up. Got to the point of where the pleasure was not worth the pain.

To reset your PCM, ALWAYS remove the negative battery cable for 1-2 minutes instead of the positive. The spark you get when you reconnect the positive cable could very likely cause a short in some of the sensitive electronics on these truck. Always disconnect the negative first and then the positive and visa versa when reconnecting. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

right, i would agree on that. i guess i wasn't thinking, i aslo heard a hard reset is where you touch your pos to a ground but not the neg side of the battery anyone hear about that?....

Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

right, i would agree on that. i guess i wasn't thinking, i aslo heard a hard reset is where you touch your pos to a ground but not the neg side of the battery anyone hear about that?....
Never heard of that one but I don't think I'd do it. Some people recommend that you turn and hold the ignition key to the start position for about 30 seconds and then turn off while the negative cable is disconnected but I've never found that to be necessary.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i didnt try it by anymeans as i cant see it doing anything at all, i been in school for electromechanical technology and that just dont make any sense. i will try the neg cable again later just to make sure i got reset....

Quick Reply: ported and polished tb....