3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

spark plug NEED HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM
loflyer2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copper does conduct electricity better than the other spark plug metals but wears more quickly as it is soft. Your .55 gap is not so bad but you will notice improved gas mileage and performance with a plug change. The first plug change takes the longest but you'll get better fast and be able to do the next plug change in less than an hour. Also consider replacing plug wires and going with the shorties.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:44 PM
03celicagts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just going to take some of the senior members advice and run coppers. Is there a noticeable difference between ngk v power and champions? Also whats the best plug wires to run with these plugs?

My truck just hit 60,000 kms and is 5yrs old, not sure about maintenance history so im going to do all the fluids as well and start fresh.

I've done all my own work on the celica and yes im used to working in tight spaces. I got swivel ratchets from when i did my comp sway bars install. So im sure the plugs in the back shouldnt be too bad.

As far as wet torques go, how much torque should we put on the plugs if we use antiseize??

Last edited by 03celicagts; 12-31-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: spark plug NEED HELP !