3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 Hemi stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:59 PM
lawdogdusty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Hemi stalling

Hmmm? My 05 1500 QC 4x4 hemi has a quirk.. When you first start it up in the morning and try to drive it starts stalling/missing. It acts like the old carbuator motors when its cold. After a few seconds it warms up and the stall/missing goes away. Is this just a cold natured Hemi?

I Live in Texas and the morning temp is in the 70's or better.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:21 PM
goodestuff
Default RE: 05 Hemi stalling

never heard of anything like that. mine use to die when i drove for awhile & would be sitting at a stop light or going through drive thru. fixed right now though. senors in the pedal.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

warmed up or cold, mine doesn't stall

Old 05-27-2005, 12:10 AM
bpunk360
Rookie

i just got a 05 2500 hemi and it stalled when i would turn the steering wheel all the way to the left to pull into a parking spot then when i idled into the spot and stepped on the brakes it would stall. happened about 4 times. at first 3,000 miles i let dodge do the oil change and told them they said there computer said if that was happening all they needed to do was remap the computer so it had a little more power at idle........ im guessing it was a problem on a few other trucks b/c head dodge company acknowledged it and sent dealers an answer to the problem....... id say urs prolly has the same problem not enough ignition on start up for cold starts. just tell the dealer and they will prolly remap ur computer and it should be all goood.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
moparturd
Banned

ORIGINAL: lawdogdusty

Hmmm? My 05 1500 QC 4x4 hemi has a quirk.. When you first start it up in the morning and try to drive it starts stalling/missing. It acts like the old carbuator motors when its cold. After a few seconds it warms up and the stall/missing goes away. Is this just a cold natured Hemi?

I Live in Texas and the morning temp is in the 70's or better.
Never heard of it. Let us know what the service tech says when they've looked at it.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:03 PM
lawdogdusty

Will do, Iit seems to be getting worse every morning.. Off to the dealer next week....

Old 05-27-2005, 05:37 PM
moparturd
Banned

It's probably something simple then. Hopefully they find it quickly.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:45 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has stalled twice. I also think it is an idle thing. It runs smooth, bu at times the idle is around 500RPM, seems a little low.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:06 PM
luvmihemi

If I understand you, it doesn't actually stall, right. If it seems to "struggle" when you first start out, mine des the same thing. I have read in the past a post by a technician. He indicated that it was due to an inaccurate temperature reading at start up. The engine thinls it is reading hot so the fans are in high gear wich puts a strain on the engine. After a few seconds the fans will shut off and run fine. If you hear anything different please post.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
lawdogdusty

Update.. I got lazy and just thought I would live with the stalling. Well, the check engine light came on and it hesitated a few times at a stop sign. Took it to the dealer last week and after keeping it overnight they said the o2 sensor was bad. Changed it and flashed the computer. Picked it up and all was well untill the next day. Got in it that morning and sure enought it had that same hesitation. It hesitated at the stop sign and on came the check engine light. So back to the dealer.. I will let yall know waht they say this time.......

Truck has only 4,500 miles on it..

Quick Reply: 05 Hemi stalling