3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 Hemi stalling

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:30 AM
lawdogdusty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 Hemi stalling

Ok, 2 more 02 sensors and they say its good to go..We shall see.......

Old 11-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Avanti
Captain

Does the engine "roar" for the first few seconds of driving after first being started when cold? Mine does this for about half a block or so. A roar is the only way I can describe mine, but it doesn't stall. This seems to be when yours does. The noise seems curious and I've thought it must be some kind of cold-start setting to avoid typical cold-start stalling.

Still weird. Just something else to compare your "staller" with.

Good luck.

As you've seen, the O2 sensors shouldn't be the culprit.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 AM
SIXPACKSUCKER

yeah i had to take my 05 hemi in for some tranny issues and asked the master tech about the stalling, my truck had done it once i cranked the wheel till i hit the releif valve and he said basically due to the fact that the truck is all electronic throttle control, and electronic idle, when you crank it over like that, it puts a stress on the motor causing the idle to go up and the computer doesn't understand whats causing the raise in rpm and it just shuts off the motor.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
stevearino

ORIGINAL: Avanti

Does the engine "roar" for the first few seconds of driving after first being started when cold? Mine does this for about half a block or so. A roar is the only way I can describe mine, but it doesn't stall. This seems to be when yours does. The noise seems curious and I've thought it must be some kind of cold-start setting to avoid typical cold-start stalling.

Still weird. Just something else to compare your "staller" with.

Good luck.

As you've seen, the O2 sensors shouldn't be the culprit.
That sounds like the clutch fan. Mine does that too. In fact, I've owned several cars/trucks that have had the fan kick on when first starting, then driving for a block or so. Sounds like a blower! No stalling on mine yet. I only have 450 miles though.

Quick Reply: 05 Hemi stalling