3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird heater issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this link out.
It will DEFINATELY help to locate your problem and they even have solutions to help you sort it as well.
Just use the nav page on the left #15 to see the video help sections.
Hope this is of use?
Al.

http://www.heatertreater.net/Final%20Tech%20info.htm

Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
ELVIS56

After a long drive at 70mph the temp gauge is reading just under halfway. Everything is working fine right now but I did check my rad hoses again and upper is normal hot to touch but lower was very cool, like the truck hadnt been running at all. I did check this right away after driving but had the truck shut off to avoid any accidental digit removal. Could this be a clogged heater core or thermostat warn out? Abarmby, I happened on this site actually earlier today and briefly went over it but Im still stumped. I will check the coolant level when it cools down a bit.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:16 AM
abarmby
Champion

The http://www.heatertreater.net/Final%20Tech%20info.htm is a basic walkthrough.
Just sit down and give the video your fullest attention.
It will isolate & tell you if one of the blend doors or it's actuator, is goosed.

Al.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 AM
cgallen

I know.... Newbie,Newbie,Newbie. But I was so impressed with the HeaterTreater engineers understanding of the problems and their solutions that I had to sign up and check the forum. Like the long time member above, I agree that you need to check with the heatertreater guys to solve the HVAC RAM problems. It's a GREAT truck as long as you can stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
ELVIS56

just an update for those who may be interested.... since after originally posting it had gotten cooler out, I have been leaving my dual climate control switch hard right on heat. I havent had a problem until last night. Temps were warmer and I slid the climate buttons to cool for a few minutes. Parked the truck, had dinner, left to go home and the issue arose again..blowing cold air out of odd vents. I fooled with the controls, turning to hot then cold, fan off the on, etc... then after about 2-3 min of fooling with it the heat returned to normal. Looks like its the sliders for cool/hot climate control. Hopefully not a bank breaker...

Quick Reply: Weird heater issues