3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Rotors & Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Mixitup98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Rotors & Pads?

Hey guys i am feeling some shuddering when braking and i think its time to invest in some aftermarket rotors and pads. The powerslots are available everywhere, but i was looking for something both slotted and cross drilled and i am having trouble finding a website that sells both front and rear with brake pads to go along. Can anyone tell me which are the best and where i can find a one stop shop online. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:40 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: Aftermarket Rotors & Pads?

Off a different forum..

Contact Wholesale Parts Direct, sales person Brian Humphreys but probably doesn't matter.

Powerslot Rotors and Hawk pads for $169.00 a pair shipped. That includes the 2 front Powerslot Rotors and the Hawk pads and shipping. If you want all 4 corners then it will be $339.00 shipped I believe.

Brian Humphreys
714-666-8585
wdpinc@sbcglobal.net
www.wholesalepartsdirect.com

Old 05-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Truckxpressions
Veteran

IF it were my truck, i would upgrade to the Powerslots mated with Hawk pads. Cross-Drilled and slotted rotors on a full size truck daily driven are not generally recommended. They offer less surface area than your OE rotors and just slotted rotors and while they do dissipate more heat than any other, its overkill on a street driven truck.
Ive got cross-drilled/slotted rotors on one of my cars and noticed no increase in stopping power until i upgraded the pads. On one of my other cars, i installed slotted rotors and hawk pads and was able to feel increased stopping power right away.

This is just my experience but if you are not racing the truck on a road course or Autox course, i would upgrade to the powerslot/hawk combo.
Of course, so far we have only talked about OE replacement rotors and pads. Everything changes when you get into big brake kits. If you are willing to spend 2k than you could upgrade to a Baer or Brembo big brake kit and get some serious stopping power. Of course, most of these kits are cross-drilled and slotted so i still wouldnt be a huge fan of them, but your stopping will improve based on the extra pistons in the calipers and rotor surface area.

Just my .02

Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 AM
heith01

Powerslot rotors and hawks pads are the a excellent addition. The brake feel and stopping power are great. I have the rotors at all four corners and hawk pads up front. Hawk does not make rear pads for dodge rams

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Rotors & Pads?