3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

09 2500 series.tpms..i've searched and not found:(

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
bayirdmotors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 2500 series.tpms..i've searched and not found:(

we have a 09 ram 2500 with the tire light on...says low tire pressure....the truck has load range d tires on it...i know it came out with load range e's on it that call for a max of 80psi....the tires on it call for max 65psi....we aired them up to 65psi and the light is still on....was wondering if the only way to get the light out is to switch out to tires that call for 80psi? makes no since to me,lol...or will it relearn itself after driving? i looked in the door and it calls for 65psi front 80psi back....but ofcourse the tires on it are not supposed to be aired up past 65...tires are brand new and we don't wanna have to replace them...any info would be appreciated..oh, we did have the computer reset to 285/70/17 load range d tires with a starscan....maybe my tech is not going to the right spot to fix the tire pressure difference...we clear the code(low tire pressure) and it just comes back.....i know this question has been asked a thousand times but i can't find the right answer...thanks...oh and i did make sure all the sensors were in the wheels....i had this posted in the 4th gen section but didn't know how to move the thread so i just reposted

Old 09-22-2010, 06:43 AM
The Moose
Amateur

Weedahoe, '09 2500 is a Third Gen?

Bayird, do you have the "light load" switch on the center dash below the climate controls?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
bayirdmotors

yes....

Old 09-23-2010, 07:07 AM
The Moose
Amateur

Is the light on the light load switch on or off?

In my truck I have to turn the light off to run the tires at the 70 PSI max load pressure. With the light on I run 45 PSI in the rear. The switch is picky about when you try to switch.

My door sticker says 60 PSI front and 70 PSI max rear, but it came with the all-terrain tires.

Weedahoe: 2009 2500 is a third gen...

Quick Reply: 09 2500 series.tpms..i've searched and not found:(