3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

professional guidance please

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:01 PM
hemi slappin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default professional guidance please

ok im ordering lift spindles i want 4in but as of now its the 3in ones for my truck its an 06 1500 2wd... now what all do i need? will i need new brake lines? or will i have to get a new upper control arm? cause i dont any banging on the spring bucket like i had with my spacer!.. um anything else? so i do this right thanks!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have always heard for 06+ you need longer brake line. IDK for sure but I do know on my 04 I didnt need them. As for the spindles, thats a much better choice over spacers. With spindles alone you will not hit the bucket or UCA. As for needing to replace the UCA, that depends on if you sustained any damage from the coil spacers causing you to hit the UCAs and possibly damaging the upper ball joints. Only you can know that. Or you can take it to a shop that exclusively works on front ends or alignments and have them check it for free. After any front end work (removing spacers, adding spindles) though you will need an alignment

Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
bigmac18
Veteran

I think you should go with the 6" Fabtech kit!
Mine is coming off this Saturday if interested?

But, to answer your question, I do believe that all you need with just lift spindles on the 06-up 1500s are the extended brake lines.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:38 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmac18
I think you should go with the 6" Fabtech kit!
Mine is coming off this Saturday if interested?

But, to answer your question, I do believe that all you need with just lift spindles on the 06-up 1500s are the extended brake lines.
Damn. Talk about perfect timing to get a person plug in. Why are you pulling yours off BTW?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
bigmac18
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Damn. Talk about perfect timing to get a person plug in. Why are you pulling yours off BTW?
It's gotta fit into a garage now. Not really up to me, it just has to be done.

It's off if anyone is interested?

Quick Reply: professional guidance please