3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brakes...warped

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
areinike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be worth giving the slotted and/or drilled rotors a try with some Hawk pads. Make sure to break them in as per the included instructions. Again, I've only had them on my truck for 300 miles but it's never stopped this good before. You'd be surprised and probably better off. Once you start talking larger calipers, all sorts of added variables can go wrong. I was even contemplating the same thing, but think our brakes are sufficient as they are, granted we use the right parts to begin with.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
pjordan4477
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with BrakeMotive $250 for 4 rotors w/ceramic pads. CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE. I'll be ordering mine if I don't like how the Stock brakes do this weekend (I'm towing 7K for 5 hours in the hills of MO).

You can't go bigger rotors as it will take a whole new brake assembly. LOTS 'O CASH.

Become a defensive driver and relax on the brakes. Slow down (let off pedal) at green lights (or stop other people do), when cars are at the intersection. Watch 4 cars ahead of you for brake lights, and don't follow so dang close. Drive like you are 60 (no offense Grandpa) and you'll save those pads and rotors.