3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie and Need Help With Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 AM
HemiSilva
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

youa all have good points but im gona graduate from college in like a year i'm sure i'll make more money by then and i'm talkin bout 5 years the least to complete my performance stuff after ima do more but im not goin into detail bout dat and im thinkin bout 15k overall to complete it and maybe wen i'm done i'll wish i did it different but hey you live you learn and no i don't want a diesel, well i lie i do want one but not as a project, i mean you can't tell dat you wuldn't think that a turbocharged hemi TRUCK would be bad a and i'm not gona go all out on performance i am gona get lighter rims and i need to figure out what type of gears i want that's why im not getting gears yet im taking it slow and steady so i can do it right but i also want right now stuff idk if i explain myself properly im a crazy guy i think you can alredy tell one thing that will make think i'm different is i have a disco ball in my truck why you may ask i have no idea is it cool yes i like it lol tell me can you stop ina parking lot and turn it into a club with your truck? idk if you have and if you have it's cool huh yea im crazy but hey wat can you do bout it? lmao wow im really off subject but that just to show you that im not normal lol wierd things happen in my mind that even scare me but i do it anyways that me right ther --->

Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Look man, Im not trying to discourage you but here is some real talk that you likely already know but Im going to throw out there anyway. The economy is chit, the job market is chit and flooded with well qualified applicants.

So with that being said, I know you are making plans but please do not bank on them until you are in a solid career with a solid company and THEN start acting on those plans.

As for gasser v/s diesels v/s cost per HP and TQ......youre going to spend 15k to get to 450hp and TQ. Or you could spend HALF of that and get 500+ HP and 900+ TQ.

Now which sounds better?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
HemiSilva

the 15k to get 450hp and TQ lmao and as you can see ur not discouraging me

Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Going to be a interesting road for you then
Good luck and hopefully you can post mod by mod updates

Old 10-07-2010, 08:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by weedahoe
As for gasser v/s diesels v/s cost per HP and TQ......youre going to spend 15k to get to 450hp and TQ. Or you could spend HALF of that and get 500+ HP and 900+ TQ.

Now which sounds better?
Originally Posted by HemiSilva
the 15k to get 450hp and TQ lmao and as you can see ur not discouraging me
I think you missed the last part of that sentence and you didnt answer the Q.

You spend 15k to get 450hp on a gasser or spend half that on a CTD and get double.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 AM
HemiSilva

LOL I didn't miss it and i still perfer the more expansive one i jus like it but if you think that way you might as well tell all the pro dragsters to use diesel engines instead of their big blocks but idk i jus have a dif way of thinkin

Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Pro Dragsters have sponsors, you dont. BIG difference.

You want to spend 15 to get a little more power then by all means, make all the mistake I already made. Next truck i get will be a diesel for obvious reasons.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
HemiSilva

lol i wuld like to fix a diesel but my next project after my truck will be a nissan 300zx TT yes i like tuners n yes i like american muscle so i'll do two projects my tuck first then that 300zx but dn't get me wrong i like diesels to i grew up around diesel well big rigs but i like the sound i would like a diesel but not yet im not trying to get on your bad side but it takes a lot to convince me cuz im a little hardheaded lol ima get a camera pretty soon so i can start posting picsof my truck and hopefully in the next month my headers will get installed i hope i did'n seem like a butthole i jus say it how it is and yes the economy is **** but i don't let that bring me down because im tha person who tries realize their dream not tha guy who jus has it and again im sori if i seemed to be rude,mean,or an a**hole i didn't mean to.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I take nothing offensively and youre not on my bad side.....LOL

I just know when i was dreaming and planning it all was nice. Then when i got into it and got where I am now versus where I could have been, well, I look at things differently now.

This truck aint my first project and I swore I would NEVER do another project because of the investment v/s return value.

But I started doing this and that and out grew those mods quick and each time got bigger and badder. However, if i would have done the biggest and baddest when I started, I would have saved a lot of time and money.

But alas, we all have a learning curve and mine wasnt a sharp curve.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 PM
HemiSilva

ur right you have very good points but the only thing dat i will make better is my exhaust and as is it cost me 300 to get it so im not that worried bout me wasting 300 and i wanted to go all out on performance at first but then i thought about it and i really don't want to i might change my mind you never kno but as of right now i don't think i will kus im also gona waste like 10k on looks and stereo system upholster my seats get like a train horn a rig horn keep the horn i got and get a motorcycle horn neons its gona be long process but i want it no i need it

Quick Reply: Newbie and Need Help With Headers