3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

***You have GOT to check this out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ***You have GOT to check this out!!!

This section is for Technical problems only!

If you want advice on which Mods/brands are better or your thread is not asking for specific mechanical repair advice, please post over in the General Discussion Area
Feel free to post up in the General area your list of mods, pics of mod, or anything Ram related that isn't necessarily tech related. This includes asking which tires/CAI's/shocks..etc are best. Also, please refer to the FAQ Section for what most members are using for mods and what they like best.

All threads will be moved to their appropriate section to keep everything sorted. Your not going to get in trouble if you post in the wrong section, your thread will simply be moved.
Please don't get upset if your thread is moved. Keeping the sections sorted helps everyone.
Thanks for your cooperation

Last edited by dirtydog; 10-13-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Lol....I was going to move this thread when I seen it from the main section until I seen who it was and what it was about. .....lol

We see alot of threads asking for opinions or thoughts or help planning future mods. As Dirty said, these all go in the General section.

Help us keep things simple, organized and clean.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:39 PM
PhotogTom
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i almost wonder if the technical section shouldn't be a sub-folder of the general discussion area instead of the other way around. I mean, I go through the tech area to get to the general area right now. Would it work better the other way?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:23 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

The layout isn't going to change because that would mean an entire forum change since the general section was an add-on for every vehicle on DF.
Most newbie's come in here for technical info. If we swapped it around as you stated, there would be twice as many moves as there is now..trust me..., but i know where you are coming from.
DF wants to steer clear of multiple sub-folders for ease of navigation. Many guys complain about other forums being very difficult to navigate. The set-up here is very simple and will remain.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
PhotogTom
Veteran

Yeah, I suppose you'd have a lot of technical questions and posts in the "general" section if they were swapped.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

What's the best CAI for our trucks? Should I get 4.56 gears? What tires are you running? Are leveling kits good? What is the loudest muffler, but not necessarily the best?

LOLOLOL

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on..........

Thanks Rich for the clarifications!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Professional

Well I recently asked an opinion on a suggestion for flushing the tranny.

Glad I read this post. I stand accused of asking for opinions on mods -- think it was my first post.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotogTom
Yeah, I suppose you'd have a lot of technical questions and posts in the "general" section if they were swapped.
Yeah, just like on DT. The General section is a dumping ground over there.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

back up.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:08 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Thanks for explaining that. I had seen the new general sub forum and browsed in it, as well as the threads moved to it. I may have missed a posting about it but was unsure of the criteria that belongs there and here. I guessed I just assumed it a "christmas pic of the fam" forum, almost like an OT for the 3rd gen guys. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick Reply: ***You have GOT to check this out!!!