3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door locks acting up

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Geezir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks acting up

SO I just picked up a 2005 Cummins Ram 2500 SLT. Great truck but it has just developed a very annoying issue.

Anytime driving above 20km/h and I touch the throttle the "door ajar" light comes on and the chime and lights turn on as well. It will constantly do it until I let off the throttle.

Back drivers door the lock doesn't work but I wouldn't think that this would affect it as the problem just started.

Anybody ever have this issue before? I'm thinking a door sensor but then you would think that the light would stay on if it thought the door was open. That or I was thinking relay.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
A14Austin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. I pulled the drivers door panel off and sprayed all the wire ends with electrical contact spray, that fixed the problem. It was because it rains alot here and wires get damp and they short out. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Door locks acting up