3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hell bent steal vs Bilstien 5100 - On Coil over front end- hoe they work

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Bimmerdan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hell bent steal vs Bilstien 5100 - On Coil over front end- hoe they work

Ok,
so in the past few months I have had nothing but issues with the front end on my 08 Ram, sqeaks clunks, blowing through two sets of oem shocks vibrations and so on. Well I had installed the Hell Bent Steal level for my front end and didn't see why that would be an issue.

I finally got so fed up with it i ordered a set of Bilstien 5100 shocks and set them at 2" level. EVERY ISSUE IS GONE and the truck sits perfectly level.

My advice would be just get the shocks for 70 bucks more than the spacers and save the headaches that come your going to do the same work anyway putting the spacers on. I hope this saves someone some frustration.
and iff anyone wants my spacers you pay shipping and their yours lol

Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did the samething and it happened the same way.BUT.....after a couple of months and the shocks getting worn,It sat the same height that the stock shocks sat.I just bought spacers and it works out just fine

Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Bonzen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the Bilstein guys really well (worked there for a few years) and was able to get one of the first sets of the 5100 leveling struts when they first came out...they are worth every penny. Spacers are junk, they impact your front end angles negatively. Go with the Bilsteins. I have been running mine at 2" lift for over a year now and have had zero issue and the truck rides much better on and offroad. Get the rear shocks too... Course I run Bilsteins on my race truck too so I might be a bit biased lol.

Quick Reply: Hell bent steal vs Bilstien 5100 - On Coil over front end- hoe they work