3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram 2500 Leveling Kit Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by travisfimple
2" or 2.5" leveling kit on my 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 QC SB???
If all the difference you cant decide on is 1/2" then flip a coin for it and be done with it. Then get to ordering parts and installing. Dont forget the alignment afterwards.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
travisfimple
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad I went with the 2" spacers on mine. The slightly heavier diesels might be better with 2.5". Definitely settles out after a couple days. It was nose high at first so give it some time after an install before you decide whether you like it.

Oh yeah, I went with Hell Bent Steel. They took a $60 offer on Ebay with free shipping. That's as cheap as I could find them and they seem to be good quality. Pretty thick steel and powder coated. First throw away the instructions and do one side at a time. After I was done with the first side, I blocked under the tire on that side with 2 2x4s and then that will let the other side drop to the ground after you disconnect the sway bar link. Almost didn't even need a spring compressor on the second side with this method. Well that's how to do it if your in your driveway and only using the spare tire jack.

Tires are 315s so a litte over 34" tall and plenty of clearance with the 2" level. After selling all the extra stuff, I will only have about $700 total in everything including the level, machining, mounting, balancing and an alignment. I think I will figure it all up and post it in the H2 wheel swap thread. Really cheap upgrade compared to new tires and wheels which would have been closer to $2000 to do all five.

Last edited by travisfimple; 12-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Ram 2500 Leveling Kit Options