3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6" lift front drive shaft angle??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Paratrooper
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6" lift front drive shaft angle??

I have a 08 QCSB hemi 4x4 and have a trail-master 6" lift, the kit replaces the spindles and lowers the front diff, i was under the truck and noticed that the front drive shaft that goes into the transfer-case is at a bit of an angle, was wondering if anyone has ever heard of any issues regarding that. i know CV angle extremes are bad but not sure about the drive shaft.

p.s the front drive shaft does not look like a u joint it looks more like a cv joint

Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A LOT of people who have vibration or wobbling issues end up having the problem traced back to the angle of the drive shaft after installing a 6" lift kit. Something to watch for and the first place you need to look if you develop a vibration problem...

Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Paratrooper
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no vibration here yet ::knock on wood:: but i wouldn't have any issues with it tearing its self apart. i know with CV joins that they become extremely weak and the amout of abuse they can take is reduces significantly as the angle increases. would my front drive shaft strength become compromised in the same way?

Quick Reply: 6" lift front drive shaft angle??