3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lifted and Leveled- front higher 2 inches?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifted and Leveled- front higher 2 inches?

2.5 level, 3 inch body lift, the front is higher by 1 3/4-2 inches.. will 2 inch lift blocks remedy this?? i measured front fender to tire and rear fender to tire.

Name:  liftedandleveled3.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  9.5 KB

Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

That or remove the level? I wouldnt imagine the front would settle a whole lot, but how long has it been since the install?

Old 11-13-2010, 12:33 AM
CardinalsFan11
Professional

Before yo get rear blocks you should look into some bigger tires. Those things look tiny.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Reimche

My old 03 ram looked the same after a 6" fabtech lift. I don't think it is accurate to measure from tire to wheel well, as the front and rear wheel wells may not be identical. I think the idea behind the levelling kit is to level the truck....and that was the case with mine as when I put my 4' level on the box sure enough it ws levelled. It did look a bit funny at first and the front looked higher, but I believe its just the front wheel well that is higher giving you a false illusion.

Also, I am not sure about your lift kit but with mine the lift in the front was more than the lift in the rear, not anything significant, but they were not the same.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:41 AM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtydog
That or remove the level? I wouldnt imagine the front would settle a whole lot, but how long has it been since the install?
did them both within a week,, about 2 months total give or take a lil... i like the look, the level definitely made a difference, i will post a pic with just the body lift.. i guess i will opt for the blocks. thanx.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:46 AM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional

Originally Posted by CardinalsFan11
Before yo get rear blocks you should look into some bigger tires. Those things look tiny.
yeah ur the second person on here that told me that, lol,, those darn mega cabs so darn big. ,, will get tires next season those nitto's have to much meat on them to trash them,, but thanx for the input....

Old 11-13-2010, 05:50 AM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional

Originally Posted by Reimche
My old 03 ram looked the same after a 6" fabtech lift. I don't think it is accurate to measure from tire to wheel well, as the front and rear wheel wells may not be identical. I think the idea behind the levelling kit is to level the truck....and that was the case with mine as when I put my 4' level on the box sure enough it ws levelled. It did look a bit funny at first and the front looked higher, but I believe its just the front wheel well that is higher giving you a false illusion.

Also, I am not sure about your lift kit but with mine the lift in the front was more than the lift in the rear, not anything significant, but they were not the same.
Thanx...will try a "level "for craps and giggles... thanx for ur input.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 AM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional

yeah the body lift and level made those 33's on 17's look mighty small,, too much tread left to trash them on looks alone, will get sum 35's in the near future...37's may be a bit much on the drivetrain and u joints an so forth.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37's would be fine on the magacab

Old 11-14-2010, 07:40 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Yeah, I kinda agree with the fella who stated the wheel wells are at "different heights". Try measuring from the body line at the bottom of the cab and box.

There are many ways to "fix" your issue with the nose high stance. If you like the overall height of the front, then you can get blocks or an add-a-leaf for the rear springs. If you like the height of the rear, you can take the leveling kit out and get a smaller one. Did you even measure the height difference from the front to rear before you installed the leveling kit? My truck needed a 2" spacer to be level... my dads is nearly level from the factory (1" would be the max).

And yes, you can safely go up several tire sizes without any issues, as your "half ton" has 3/4 ton axles . But, if you get up into the 37's or even 35's, it will be wise to re-gear.

Good luck!, and post pics!

Quick Reply: Lifted and Leveled- front higher 2 inches?